Egg Drop Soup
|By :I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers|
Probably the best-known soup in most Chinese restaurants, Egg Drop Soup is a popular starter to a larger meal, but it also makes a lovely entrée on its own. You can serve this soup topped with crisp wonton strips if you like, but a simple topping of green onion and sesame oil helps preserve the delicate flavor of the egg and chicken.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken Breast, Chicken Broth, Corn, Eggs, Scallions|
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast finely minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch plus
1/4 cupcornstarch, divided
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- In a large bowl combine chicken,
1 tablespooncornstarch, soy sauce, and white pepper. Mix well, then let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and marinade, broth, garlic, and ginger to pot and stir well. Close lid, set steam release to Sealing, press the Manual button, and set time to 5 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure and open lid. In a small bowl combine water and remaining
1/4 cupcornstarch. Mix until smooth, then stir into pot and add corn. Press the Cancel button, then press the Sauté button and cook, stirring constantly, until soup starts to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Press the Cancel button, then slowly drizzle eggs into soup while stirring constantly to form ribbons. Serve hot, topped with scallions and a drizzle of sesame oil.
SODIUM: 157mgFIBER: 0g
*Manual and Pressure Cooker buttons are interchangeable
I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl of soup—and with the Instant Pot, it’s never been faster or easier to cook up a delicious batch of soup. This cookbook makes using your Instant Pot more appetizing and satisfying than ever! This cookbook guides you through using the Instant Pot to create savory soups, stews, and chilis that are quick, easy, and full of flavor. With 175 recipes and photographs throughout, this is a must-have for all Instant Pot fans. From creamy split pea soup to spicy chili to nourishing chicken noodle soup, you’re sure to find the perfect soup for any day of the week. Including an easy-to-understand guide to the Instant Pot and hearty, flavorful recipes, The “I Love My Instant Pot” Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book is perfect for chefs of any level who are looking to warm up their day.
All recipes by : I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!