Braised Short Ribs
Duo Crisp + Air Fryer - Mojo Roast Chicken
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
This Cuban-style roast chicken is juicy and moist – and loaded with wonderful Caribbean flavors.
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Roast|
|Main Ingredient||Serrano Chili Pepper, Sodium Reduced Chicken Broth, Whole Chicken|
|Keyword||chicken dinner, instant pot chicken recipe|
|Prep Time||4 hours|
|Cook Time||45 min|
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 whole chicken about
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small onion quartered
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1/2 Serrano chili pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- Stir together cumin, salt, oregano, chili powder, brown sugar and pepper; rub spice mixture all over and inside chicken cavity. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag; add bay leaves and onion.
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice,
3 tbspoil, Serrano, mustard and garlic; pour into bag. Seal bag; place bag on tray or in bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserving marinade. Place chicken breast side down in inner pot of Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. Add broth and reserved marinade.
- Place lid on pot and lock into place to seal. Select Pressure Cook/Manual setting on High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Quick Release the pressure. Once pressure is released, remove the lid.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from inner pot; drain cooking liquid. Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Ensure that inner pot is dry; place air fryer basket or trivet in pot. Drizzle remaining oil over chicken; place chicken breast side up in basket.
- Using Air fryer Lid select Roast at
400°Ffor 25 minutes; continue to roast, if needed, for 5 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken; serve with any drippings if desired.
• Serve chicken with a squeeze of lime juice.
• Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro if desired.
• Use the marinade for roast pork loin or butt, if desired, adjusting cooking times as needed.
Per 1/4 of recipe
Saturated Fat 9g
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!