Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Curried Rice with Shrimp
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Rice & Pastas|
|Duration||less than 15 min|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Curry Powder, Onion, Shrimp|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots coarsely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup long grain white rice rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp peeled and deveined, frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh basil cut into ribbons
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTÉ function.
- When oil is hot, add carrots and onion. Cook and stir 4 minutes until onion is beginning to soften.
- Add garlic and curry powder. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add rinsed rice, water, salt, pepper and frozen shrimp. Stir to combine.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Fold in basil and serve hot.
*The Manual and Pressure Cook buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!