The Best Fillet Steak and Chunky Chips
Crispy Tofu Bahn Mi
|By :The Culinary Cartel|
|Browse Category||Snack, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Vortex Air Fryer|
|Main Ingredient||Baguette, Corn flour, Extra Firm Tofu, White Sugar, White wine vinegar|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||11 Minutes|
- 450 g Naked extra firm tofu
- 40 g white sugar
- 115 ml white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Fine salt
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 carrot
- 3 mini baguettes
- mayonnaise as needed
- Vegan pate as needed
- ½ cucumber thinly sliced into long ribbons
- soy sauce as needed
- fresh cilantro as needed
- Slice the tofu into 1cm thick strips
- Then place the sliced tofu in your favourite marinade for 15 minutes
- Peel then slice the carrots into matchsticks
- Combine the sugar, vinegar and salt in a bowl, and heat in the microwave until the sugar has dissolved
- Add the carrots to a jar, then pour the warm pickling liquid over them.
- Slice the jalapeno into rounds, and add to the jar and leave to pickle
- Remove the firm tofu from the marinade, and wipe off excess marinade
- Sift the cornflour over the tofu and toss to combine
- Place the tofu into the Instant Vortex Air Fryer basket, in a single layer, leaving some gaps between the pieces, to help them crisp evenly.
- Select Air Fry , and set the temperature to 205°C and the time for 11 mins . Cook until crispy.
- When ready to serve, split the baguettes, then spread the mayonnaise on both sides.
- Spread one side of your baguettes with pate, then add the pickled carrot and jalapeno, cucumber ribbons, your crispy tofu, and finish with fresh coriander
- Shake over a few drops of soy sauce and serve immediately
The Culinary Cartel
All recipes by : The Culinary Cartel
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!