Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Creamy White Chicken Chili
|By :Chop Secrets|
Serves 6-8 5 minutes prep time / 35 minutes cook time / 40 minutes total time
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Cannellini Beans, Chicken Broth, Chicken Thighs, Chiles, Garlic, Lime, Onion|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
6 - 8 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 30 oz cannellini beans
15 ozdrained and rinsed, or other canned white beans
- 8 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Shredded monterey jack cheese for garnish optional
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, add onion to the pot and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add chicken, beans, chiles, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board and shred, then return to the pot.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter, then whisk in flour until well combined. Stir into the pot and simmer 3-5 minutes until thickened, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Stir in warmed milk, sour cream and lime juice. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot topped with cilantro and shredded cheese (optional).
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!