Lamb Meatballs with Couscous, Pickled Onions, and Tahini
Creamy Carrot Soup with Warm Spices
|By :Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen|
Why this recipe works: Pantry-friendly carrots and onions plus a few delicately balanced aromatics cook for a mere 3 minutes under pressure in the Instant Pot to produce this simple but luxurious soup. In many popular carrot soup recipes, the clean brightness of carrots is muted by the addition of other vegetables or fruits or dairy, so we kept these extras to a minimum. Taking a cue from the eastern Mediterranean, we added a combination of fresh ginger plus ground coriander, fennel, and cinnamon. A touch of baking soda helped break down the carrots, and after a quick spin in the blender we had a satiny-smooth and creamy soup without adding cream. To finish, we topped individual portions with a bit of tart Greek yogurt, a drizzle of pomegranate molasses to underscore the natural sweetness of the carrots, some toasted hazelnuts, and fresh herbs.
|Course||Lunch, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Ace Blender, Ace Plus Blender, Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Broth, Carrot, Greek Yogurt|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups Water
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and cut into
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted, skinned, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- Using highest Sauté function, heat oil in Instant Pot until shimmering. Add onions and salt and cook until onions are ¬softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger, coriander, fennel, and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, water, carrots, and baking soda.
- Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Working in batches, process soup in blender until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Return processed soup to Instant Pot and bring to simmer using highest Sauté function. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle individual portions with pomegranate molasses and top with yogurt, hazelnuts, and cilantro before serving.
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable
Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen
Bringing together the #1 diet and the #1 most popular kitchen appliance, this Instant Pot-authorized cookbook makes it more convenient than ever to cook the Mediterranean way, incorporating more vegetables, grains, beans, and seafood into your diet, and exploring the healthful, authentic flavors of cuisines ranging from Turkish to North African in everyday one-pot meals.
All recipes by : Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!