Braised Short Ribs
CorningWare Cast Aluminum - Sticky Short Ribs
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||CorningWare Cast Aluminum, Dutch Oven|
|Keyword||short ribs, short ribs recipe|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 hours|
- 1.5 lb beef Short Ribs about 5-6 ribs approx 2” x 3”
- 1 slice bacon (preferably thick cut) sliced into lardons
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 large onion diced (approx 1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 piece of ginger thumb sized, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2-4 cups beef stock
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place CorningWare Cast Aluminum over medium high heat. Add bacon and allow fat to render, approximately 10 minutes; stirring once in awhile. While bacon cooks, place flour on a plate. Salt and pepper short ribs generously, then dredge in the flour and set aside. Be sure to tap the ribs with tongs or your hand to make sure flour is not caked on. Should be a thin coating.
- When bacon is cooked, remove to a paper towel. Feel free to snack on this. Its delicious, but we really just needed the fat. Add toasted sesame oil to the bacon fat. Begin browning the short ribs. Brown EACH side (there should be 6) for 5-7 minutes. In order to keep the fat from cooling down too much when adding the ribs, work in batches. I had 6 ribs, so I did 2 batches of 3. The ribs should get a deep brown. When ribs are browned, remove to a plate to hold.
- Carefully remove all but
2 tablespoonsof fat from the dish. Add onions and sauté, stirring once in awhile, until slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Then add garlic and ginger. Stir and allow this to sauté for 3 minutes or so, until the garlic and ginger are fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on top of this mix of aromatics, bone side down. Then pour in soy sauce. Add beef stock until the level of liquid reaches about 2/3 up the short ribs. Turn oven heat to high. Add honey, drizzling over the ribs and into the liquid. When the liquid is boiling, turn off heat, place lid on Dutch Oven and place into oven for 2 hours.
- At the 2 hour mark, turn of the oven but leave the ribs in the oven for an additional 30 minutes. After that, remove and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Serve ribs as they are over polenta, or remove bones and shred.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like