Braised Short Ribs
CorningWare Cast Aluminum - Cassoulet
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||CorningWare Cast Aluminum|
|Main Ingredient||Cannellini Beans, Chicken Stock, Duck Legs, Pork, Sausage|
|Keyword||cassoulet, corningware cast aluminum|
|Prep Time||12 hours for beans to soak|
|Cook Time||2 1/2 hours|
|Passive Time||25 minutes|
- 3 duck legs Confited
- 1 lb cannellini beans
- 1 lb mild garlic sausage
- 1 lb cooked and shredded pork shoulder or leftover meat you may have
- 8 oz pork belly or salt pork cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp duck fat
- 4-6 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 carrot washed and quartered
- 1 rib of celery washed and quartered
- 1 whole head of garlic cut in half
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs parsley plus 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 cloves
- 3-4 cups breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Cover dried beans with cold water, at least 2 inches above beans, and stir in 2 tbsp of salt. Mix and let soak the beans soak overnight. If you need to let them soak for more than 12 hours, place it in the fridge. Before cooking, drain and rinse beans.
- Preheat oven to
350°F. Remove the skin from the duck legs and shred meat. Set aside the skin for later. In the CorningWare Cast Aluminum cookware oven over medium-high heat, add duck fat. Once the fat is hot, add cubed salt pork and cook until all sides are browned. Remove to a paper towel.
- Add sausage to the cookware and brown on both sides, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the cookware and set aside.
- Carefully remove
2 tbspof fat from the cookware and set aside. Pour breadcrumbs into remaining fat and toast/brown, stirring constantly. Once breadcrumbs are lightly browned, pour them in a bowl and allow them to cool. Then add 2 tbspof chopped parsley to breadcrumbs, a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir.
- With the Cast Aluminum over medium heat, add back the reserved fat and allow to heat. Once the fat is hot, add onions and allow to get translucent, approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, parsley sprigs, cloves, and beans. Add some salt and pepper (if your stock has salt, add salt sparingly) then pour in
4 cupsof chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and put on the lid. Simmer beans for 45 minutes.
- After 45 min, turn off the heat and remove carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, cloves, and parsley. Add sausage, shredded pork (or other leftover meat), and duck. Cover top fully with breadcrumb mixture, patting down. Place in the oven, keeping
2 cupsof stock ready near the oven.
- Cook for 2 hours, checking every 30 minutes and adding
1/4 cup- 1/2 cupof stock, moistening the breadcrumb on top.
- After 2 hours, remove from oven and allow to rest for 25 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like