Gluten Free Brownies
Coq Au Vin
|By :Claudia Varleta|
Cooking lover, blogger and co-author of the books From the blog to the table, From the blog to the table for children and The scale.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Keyword||Chicken and Turkey, Christmas, Instant Pot, Valentine's|
|Home Category||Main Dishes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 shallots diced
- 3 lb chicken drumsticks 1.5 kg, short and/or long
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 large carrots thickly julienned or cut into crescents
- 10 oz mushrooms cut in half, 300 g
- Salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water
- Thyme and parsley as garnish
- Place the stainless steel inner pot inside the Instant Pot®. Press Saute and set time to 30 Minutes. Add the olive oil, once hot add the bacon, cook, stirring, until golden. Remove the bacon and add the shallots and cook for a couple of minutes or until translucent. Remove and add the chicken drumsticks, in two batches. The chicken should be browned on the skin side. Remove chicken and set aside. Finally add the red wine, broth, and tomato paste. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, trying to dissolve the brown bits in the bottom of the pot. When done, press Cancel.
- Add the bacon, shallots, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, chicken pieces, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot® lid. Make sure the steam release handle is turned to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook , pressure level High , and set time to 20 Minutes .
- When done, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting . Once all the pressure is released, open the lid, take out the chicken and vegetables, then set aside in a bowl.
- Press Saute again and set time to 15 Minutes. Once the cooking liquid is hot, gradually add the dissolved corn starch, stirring until the mixture thickens slightly (the result should be a full-bodied liquid). Put the chicken and vegetables in the pot, stir for a minute or until heated through. When done, press Cancel and transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with parsley and fresh thyme to serve.
All recipes by : Claudia Varleta
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!