Keto Pork Meatball Bites with Cream Sauce
CocoNutty Salted Chocolate Cheesecake
This nutty, chocolatey cheesecake is low carb and even ketogenic but you couldn’t tell with its silky- smooth decadence! If you want to make this non-low carb then just replace the sweeteners 1:1 with sugar and the stevia or erythritol sweetened chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Cream Cheese, Eggs, Hazelnut Flour|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup pecans crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut shredded
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder dutch processed, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup calorie free sweetener or erythritol
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup stevia or erythritol
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips sweetened
- 1 teaspoon xylitol or Stevia
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream 33%
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl mix hazelnut flour, pecans, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, salt and sweetener.
- Slowly work in coconut oil a little at a time to moisten mixture. The crust will look crumbly but will hold its form when squeezed.
- Line the sides and bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper.
- Pack the crust mixture on the bottom and a little up the sides of the springform pan. Use a piece of parchment greased with a little coconut oil to help pack the crust.
- Place the springform pan in the freezer.
- On a small double boiler on the stove, after water is brought up to a boil, turn the heat down to medium low heat. Then melt the chocolate chips while stirring with a spatula.
- After the chocolate is melted, add in the cream cheese cubes. Fold in the cream cheese into the chocolate. Keep folding and mixing until no cream cheese lumps remain and the mixture is uniform.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the sweeteners into the chocolate cream cheese filling. Remove the double boiler from the heat.
- In another bowl, mix together with a whisk or a fork, eggs, vanilla and maple extracts, cream and salt.
- Mix in half of the egg mixture into the cream cheese filling. Once fully incorporated, mix in the rest of the egg mixture and set aside.
2 cupsof water into the Instant Pot and press Sauté.
- Take the crust out of the freezer and pour the cream cheese filling onto the crust. Spread the filling evenly.
- Cover the top and bottom of the spring form pan with foil.
- Press Cancel on the Instant Pot. Place the springform pan onto the flat steamer rack and lower it into Instant Pot using the steamer rack handles.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and lock. Seal the pressure release valve. Press Manual and then enter in 40 minutes to cook at high pressure.
- After cook time has elapsed, wait 5 minutes before venting the pressure release valve manually.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the pan using the steamer rack handles
- Remove the foil cover from the springform pan. Wiggle the pan, if the mixture looks solid, the filling is set. If the mixture is still liquidy in the middle, place the pan back into the Instant Pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the springform pan in the fridge for 2-3 hours but it’s best overnight.
- Once chilled, remove the ring from the springform pan and slice cheesecake into 12 pieces using a knife warmed in hot water.
- To kick up the saltiness, serve with some flake or crystalline sea salt on top. Enjoy!
Energy: 265 kcal
Fat: 23.2g (79%)
Carbs: 9.6g (14%)
Protein: 4.5g (7%)
Aileen is the proud owner of an Instant Pot Duo60 and a Smart Pot. So when she turned to the ketogenic/low carb diet to gain control of her health 2 years ago, it’s no surprise that she used her Instant Pots to make more healthy, homemade meals from scratch. Living an hour away from Vancouver, she’s inspired by many multicultural influences and loves to cook! She shares her low carb recipes on her blog, Instagram and Ketogenic cookbook. She lives in the Fraser Valley, BC with her husband Jeffrey and energetic cat Lucy. She enjoys cooking, weightlifting and coaching people with the ketogenic diet.
All recipes by : thrivingonlowcarb
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!