Traditional Coffee Cake
Coconut Milk Berry Smoothie
|By :The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler|
Dark berries are by far the healthiest fruit for us. This is due not only to their high levels of vitamins, but also because they contain many anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Try adding some keto whipped cream to thicken up this smoothie, and you’ll feel like you are indulging—all while consuming the world’s healthiest fruits.
|Duration||less than 15 min|
|Diet||Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb|
|Main Ingredient||Butter, Chocolate Chips, Coconut Milk, Nutmeg, Whipping Cream|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter softened
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tbsp unflavored MCT oil
- 2 tbsp flax seeds soaked
- 2 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mixed dark berries (blueberries strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 2 scoops grass-fed whey protein powder
- ice cubes to serve
- Start by pouring
1 1/4 cupsfiltered water into a blender. Depending on personal taste, you can use less water, to achieve a thicker consistency.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and melt the butter.
- Pour in the coconut milk, then add the stevia, MCT oil, flax seeds, chocolate chips, turmeric, nutmeg, whipping cream, and dark berries to the Instant Pot, stirring continuously.
- Once thoroughly mixed, hit Cancel to stop the current program. Remove the inner pot from the Instant Pot, and carefully pour this mixture into your blender.
- Add in the protein powder, then blend until desired consistency. Serve in a tall, ice-filled glass. Store extra servings in the refrigerator, for up to two days.
Amount per serving
Total Fat 39.7g
Total Carbohydrate 13.1g
Dietary Fiber 4.4g
Total Sugars 3.4g
The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
CASEY THALER, NASM-CPT, FNS has written over 200 articles on health, science, fitness, and nutrition. As a National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, he has also helped thousands of people lose weight, look younger, and live their healthiest lives. Casey writes regularly for the founder of the Paleo Diet, Dr. Loren Cordain. He is also a regular contributor to Paleo Magazine, and has written for Greatist, Paleohacks, MindBodyGreen, and Breaking Muscle. Casey also currently serves as an adviser to a number of small startup companies in the health and wellness space. A home cook who has been creating recipes and eating ketogenic and paleo since 2012, Casey wrote the independently published eBook, The Ultimate Guide to Bone Broth, to be released by bestselling author Mark Sisson's specialty food company Primal Nutrition, Inc., in November 2018.
All recipes by : The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!