Coconut Curry Vegetable Rice Bowls
|By :The Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook|
Preparing curries often involves a lot of chopping, but you can get around that easily. Take advantage of the pre-chopped or no-salt-added canned ingredients on the market, such as matchstick carrots, water chestnuts, and chickpeas. They’re ready and waiting for you!
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Brown Rice, Coconut Milk, Curry Powder|
|Prep Time||13 minutes|
|Cook Time||32 minutes|
- 2/3 cup uncooked brown rice rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 cup chopped green onion both green and white parts
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped red or purple cabbage
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained,
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas rinsed and drained,
- 1 can lite coconut milk 13 oz
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Combine the rice, water, curry powder, and
1/4 tspof the salt in the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid, close the valve, and set the Manual/Pressure Cook button to 15 minutes.
- Use a natural pressure release for about 12 minutes. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the Cancel button and set to Sauté. Then press the Adjust button to “More” or “High.” Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, or until all the ingredients are heated through, stirring occasionally.
Choices/Exchanges: 2 Starch, 2 Nonstarchy Vegetable, 1 Fat
Calories: 240; Calories from Fat: 50; Total Fat: 6.0 g; Saturated Fat: 3.5 g; Trans Fat: 0.0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 330 mg; Potassium: 540 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 42 g; Dietary Fiber: 7 g; Sugars: 9 g; Protein: 8 g; Phosphorus: 230 mg
The Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook
All recipes by : The Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!