Creamy Pork Chops
Coconut Curry Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas
|By :Meredith OperationsCorp|
Recipes and photos excerpted from Instant Pot Meals: Comfort Food Fast!, published by Meredith Operations Corporation (2022).
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot|
|Main Ingredient||Coconut Milk, Green Beans, Lemongrass, Thai Red Curry Paste, Vegetable Broth|
|Keyword||chickpea, coconut milk, instant pot, saute, sweet potatoes|
|Prep Time||25 Minutes|
|Cook Time||8 Minutes|
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh lemongrass optional
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas 15-ounce, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sliced Thai chiles, or chopped cashews (optional)"
- Place a
6-qtInstant Pot on Saute setting then add coconut oil. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass (if using); cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add sweet potatoes and the next five ingredients (through salt) to the pot; stir to combine.
- Lock lid in place. Set Instant Pot on High Pressure to cook 8 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot; let stand for 15 minutes to release pressure naturally. Release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash some of the sweet potatoes and chickpeas to help thicken. Place Instant Pot on Saute setting. Add green beans. Cook, loosely covered, 4 minutes until green beans are tender, stirring occasionally. Add lime juice. Serve with garnishes (if using).
All recipes by : Meredith OperationsCorp
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!