Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
4 - 6 servings
- 13 ounces chopped clams
2 cans, drained and juices reserved,
- 5 slices bacon diced
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 sprigs fresh tyme or
- 1 1/2 tsp celery seed or
2 stalkscelery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs gold potatoes cut into
- 1/3 cups half and half
- snipped chives , for garnish
- Drain clams, reserving up to
2 cupsof clam juice. If needed, add enough water to clam juice to make 2 cups.
- Add diced bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the fat has rendered, but the bacon is not crispy.
- Add onion, butter, thyme and celery seed or celery. Deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot, then saute until onion is soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add clam juice and potatoes and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove about half the potatoes to a bowl and set aside. Remove thyme sprigs and discard.
- Use an immersion blender to process soup mixture until smooth. Return reserved potatoes to the pot along with the clams and half and half.
- Cook and stir on the WARM function until chowder is heated through. (Switch to the SAUTE function if needed, but do not boil.)
- Garnish with snipped chives
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!