Flaky Fun Corn Beef Dumplings with Brown Butter Kimchi
Citrus-Braised Pork Stew
|By :Stephanie Izard|
It is so fun to get tender cooked pork with spice and umami tomato sauce topped with freshly air fried tortilla chip slaw. So many textures! So much fun! So much flavor! Oh so easy!
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
- 1.35 kg pork shoulder boneless
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp This little goat went to Mexico spice
- 4 pieces Corn tortilla cut into strips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 65 g tomato paste
- 240 ml orange juice freshly squeezed
- 240 ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 180 g white cabbage finely sliced
- 1 piece Jalapeno pepper sliced
- 7 g cilantro leaves
- 2 pieces lime cut into wedges
- 1 piece sweet onion julienned
- For the pork: Cut the pork into approximately
1.5-inchcubes (does not need to be perfect).
- Put the pork into a bowl and season with
2 tbspof This Little Goat went to Mexico and 1 tbspsalt. Set aside for later use in the kitchen.
- To make the tortilla chips, toss the sliced tortilla ribbons in a small bowl with the vegetable oil until all of the strips are lightly coated.
- Place in the inner pot with the pressure cooker plate removed and select Air Fry. Cook at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Make sure to stir the chips halfway through the cooking process when prompted.
- When finished, place it in a clean bowl and sprinkle with salt. Set aside
- Set the Instant Pot on Sauté on Level 6 and let it preheat, it will beep when ready, cover the bottom of the pot insert with oil using
1 tspand let heat for about 1 minute
- Place half the amount of diced pork shoulder in the Instant Pot and cook on each side for 2 minutes , or until golden brown. Remove and set aside
- Repeat this process with the rest of the diced pork.
- Keep the Instant Pot on Sauté Level 6 and add the onions and seared pork to the remaining oil, stirring for 2 minutes or until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Season with
½ teaspoonof salt and 1 tspThis Little Goat Mexico Spice. Continue to stir so the onions do not burn.
- When finished stirring onions, hit cancel.
- Place all the pork, tomato paste, and orange juice into your Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to seal it.
- Set your Instant Pot to Pressure and sit back and relax. Cook for 22 minutes and select quick release on the steam option and start it up.
- To make the sour cream, combine the sour cream with
1/4 tspThis Little Goat Went to Mexico Spice, 1 tsplime juice, and salt to taste, and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
- When there are a couple minutes left in the stew, toss together the cabbage, tortilla chips, a sprinkle of This Little Goat Went to Mexico spice, salt to taste,
1/2 tsplime juice, and thinly sliced chilies, being careful not to break the chips in a medium bowl.
- When the Instant Pot has completed its cooking, remove the lid and, using a large ladle, scoop out a portion of the pork stew and place it in a large bowl.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, the tortilla-cabbage salad, then garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
All recipes by : Stephanie Izard
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!