Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Pretzel Crumb Crust
Cinnamon French Toast with Mixed Berries
|By :Weldon Owen|
Buttery brioche or challah provide the perfect pillowy texture for a lush breakfast studded with fresh berries (cinnamon-twist challah will take this dish to the next level). You can prepare it the night before, let it set in the fridge overnight, and cook it in the morning for an effortless brunch.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Berries, Eggs, Heavy Cream|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- unsalted butter for greasing
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 120 ml
- 1/2 cup milk 120 ml
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar 70 g
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 lb brioche or challah bread cut into 2-inch (5-cm) cubes, 340 g
- 1 cup mixed berries such as blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, 140 g
- 2 cups Water 475 ml
- confectioners’ sugar for serving (optional)
- Grease a 1½-qt (1.5-L) round ceramic baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest. Arrange one layer of bread cubes on the bottom of the prepared baking dish so they nestle in snugly. Scatter half the berries on top, followed by a second layer of bread cubes and berries. Pour the egg mixture over the top and press lightly to help it absorb into the bread. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot® and place the baking dish on the steam rack. Using the handles, lower the baking dish and steam rack into the pot. Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 30 minutes at high pressure.
- Let the steam release naturally for 15 minutes, then turn the valve to Venting to quick-release any residual steam. Carefully remove the lid and, using the steam rack handles, lift out the baking dish. Let the French toast cool slightly, then dust with confectioners’ sugar, if using. Spoon it onto individual plates and serve warm.
BONUS STEP After removing it from the pot, sprinkle the French toast with 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar and bake in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 minutes. The crispy top will complement the gooey center, creating the perfect texture contrast in every bite.
Complete Instant Pot® Collection The Instant Pot® has become an instant classic, a must-have item for home cooks everywhere. Designed to increase the versatility of your Instant Pot® or Duo Crisp machine, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook features a curated collection of classic and contemporary recipes that utilize this innovative device to its maximum potential and yield delicious, streamlined meals. The well-tested recipes include all the basics—like yogurt, eggs, jam, rice, grains, and beans—as well as dishes for every meal of the day. You’ll learn the fundamentals and benefits of cooking various cuts of meat—such as pork shoulder, chicken thighs, or beef chuck—in an Instant Pot®. Quick and simple soup stocks—including chicken, fish, bone, and vegetable—allow you to maximize the flavor of your favorite dishes in less time than traditional methods. Plus, the Instant Pot® primer gives you all the insider tips on how to maximize the effectiveness and versatility of the Instant Pot® and the Air Fryer lid. Beyond the basics, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook covers a versatile range of flavor profiles and dishes. From comforting classics like bolognese, posole, and Thai basil noodles, to lighter fare such as chicken braised with citrus and olives, gingery salmon, and zesty and bright wild rice salad, to decadent desserts like molten lava cakes and key lime pie, you’ll find plenty of inspiration for getting the most out of your pressure cooker.
All recipes by : Weldon Owen
You might also like