Toasted Sesame Miso Hummus
Cincinnati Chili Mac
|By :The Ultimate Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante|
This version of chili mac is amazingly easy to make: the noodles, beef, and other ingredients all cook in the same pot, and it takes about a half hour from start to finish. The dish gets a flavor boost from the unusual cinnamon-spiked spice blend that makes Cincinnati chili so special. Serve it in the classic style, with shredded cheese and diced onions on top. If you’re craving traditional chili mac, look to the recipe Notes for that variation, as well as for a tip on using gluten-free noodles.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Cheddar Cheese, Diced Tomatoes, Elbow Pasta, Ground Beef, Kidney Beans|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cold-pressed avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion diced, plus
3/4 cupchopped, for serving
- 1 lb 96 percent extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups low-sodium roasted beef bone broth
- 8 oz whole-wheat elbow pasta
- 14 1/2 oz petite diced tomatoes and their liquid
- 1 1/2 cups drained cooked kidney beans or
15 oz( 1 can) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or vegan cheese shreds, for serving
- yellow mustard for serving
- Tabasco sauce for serving
- To make the spice blend: In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, cocoa powder, mustard powder, ginger, cloves, and cayenne.
- Select the Sauté setting on the Instant Pot and heat the oil and garlic for 2 minutes, until the garlic is bubbling but not browned. Add the diced onion and sauté. for about 2 minutes, until it begins to soften. Add the beef and sauté. for 3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. Stir in the spice blend and sauté. for about 2 more minutes, until the beef is mostly cooked through and the spices are aromatic.
- Pour in the broth, using a wooden spoon or spatula to nudge any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the pasta in an even layer, using the spoon to nudge the noodles under the liquid as much as possible. It’s fine if a few pieces are sticking up out of the water. Pour the tomatoes and their liquid and the kidney beans evenly over the ground beef and pasta mixture. Do not stir them in.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program, then select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cooking time for 6 minutes at high pressure. (The pot will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- When the cooking program ends, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to Venting to release any remaining steam. Open the pot and stir the chili mac to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir once more.
Per serving: 374 calories, 10 grams fat, 44 grams carbohydrates, 13 grams fiber, 30 grams protein
The Ultimate Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante
The Ultimate Instant Pot Healthy Cookbook sets itself apart from other less comprehensive books with 150 nutritious recipes covering every meal of the day--all well tested and authorized by Instant Pot for perfect results every time. Instant Pot expert Coco Morante lightens up traditional favorites with nutrient-rich recipes made with whole foods, natural sweeteners, and gluten- and dairy-free options, while retaining the ease of preparation and deliciously home-cooked flavors that make the Instant Pot so popular. This is the only book you'll need when looking for wholesome breakfasts, lunches, dinner, snacks, staples, and desserts the whole family will love, from Quinoa Muesli Bowls to Tomatillo Chicken Chili to Seafood Risotto to Greek Yogurt Cheesecake. With this ultimate cookbook, eating well has never been so simple.
All recipes by : The Ultimate Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!