Kashmiri Matar Pulao ( Peas Pulav)
Chickpea Soup (Kashmiri Chana )
|By :Shilpa Tiku - Fastcurries|
Easy Chickpea Soup (Kashmiri Chana) recipe makes an easy, traditional Kashmiri, comforting soup recipe. Everyone needs a good protein recipe in their back pocket for days when you don’t really feel like cooking but want something healthy on the table quickly.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Saute|
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||60 Minutes|
- 1 cup chickpea dry (kabuli chana)
- 2 tbsp oil oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground asafoetida (heeng)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamom pods (hari elaichi)
- 1 whole black cardamom pod (kali elaichi)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger (sonth)
- 1 tbsp ground fennel (saunf powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk whole milk
- Rinse the chickpea well. Soak the dry chickpea overnight in
3 cupswater, discard the water used for soaking, right before cooking.
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust to normal.
- Add oil to the pot. When the oil is hot add in asafoetida, cumin seeds, green cardamom pods, whole black cardamom pod, and bay leaf, stirring together with a utensil. In about 30 Seconds add in the chickpea.
- Add in
3 and ½ cupswater and give it a good stir. Furthermore, add in ground turmeric, ground ginger, ground fennel, ground cumin, and salt. Make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot well. Press Cancel.
- Secure the lid on the pot and close the pressure-release valve, and Select Manual and Cook at High Pressure for 30 Minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use natural pressure release to depressurize. Moreover, open the lid, and Select Sauté.
- Add in milk and let the soup come to a boil. Transfer to a serving bowl, discard the whole spices, and enjoy with white rice or as is.
Shilpa Tiku - Fastcurries
All recipes by : Shilpa Tiku - Fastcurries
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!