Roasted Nectarines with Frozen Yogurt
Chickpea Cookie Dough
|By :Mane Hernandez|
Teacher, designer and mom, BLW certified and creator of @en_mi_plato, where she shares allergen-free recipes.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cooking|
|Keyword||Basics, Christmas, Healthy, Instant Pot, Legumes, Valentine's Day|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 1 cup chickpeas pre-soaked in water overnight (For this, put the cup of chickpeas in a bowl and add cold water until it is two fingers above the chickpeas. Cover with a kitchen towel and, the following morning, strain using a colander. Rinse the chickpeas with cold water.)
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup 80% cocoa chocolate chips sugar-free
- Place the stainless steel inner pot inside the Instant Pot®. Add the chickpeas and water.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot® lid. Make sure the steam release handle is turned to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook, pressure level High, and set time to 15 Minutes.
- Once the time is up, press Cancel and manually release the pressure. Once all the pressure has been released, open the Instant Pot® lid. Take out the steel inner pot and strain the chickpeas to drain the cooking water.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor along with the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Process until dough is formed. Remove from the food processor bowl and add the chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Recommendations: use as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, a smoothie bowl, or the like. Or simply enjoy a few spoonfuls on its own.
- To make baked cookies with it, add one tsp of baking soda to the mixture, use the Instant Vortex on Bake setting, and set to 355ºF (180ºC) for 12 Minutes.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!