Chicken with Beer
Chicken with Beer
|By :Mark Ajena|
Kitchen lover, blogger and co-author of the books Del blog a la mesa, Del blog a la mesa para niños and La balanza.
|Browse Category||Main Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cooking|
|Keyword||Chicken and Turkey, Christmas, Christmas, Instant Pot, Valentine's Day|
|Home Category||Main Dishes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
- 2 lb (900 g) boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 onion cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small green apple peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 beer of your choice 11 oz/330 ml
- 1 can (400 g) can diced tomatoestomato juice
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ½ oregano and ½thyme
- ½ tsp merkén optional and to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Place the stainless steel inner pot inside the Instant Pot®. Press Saute and set time to 12 Minutes. Add bacon and cook, stirring, until crisp. Take it out of the pot, but leave the fat drippings. Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Set aside outside of the pot. Add the onion, bell pepper, grated apple and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beer, and seasonings. Cook for a minute, stirring to make sure that no vegetables remain stuck on the bottom. When done, press Cancel.
- Add the breasts and drizzle with the sauce. Close and lock the Instant Pot® lid. Make sure the steam release handle is turned to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook, pressure level High, and set time to 10 Minutes.
- When done, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting.
- Once all the pressure has been released, open the lid. Press Saute and set time to 10 Minutes. Boil to reduce sauce. Serve garnished with chopped parsley, accompany with sautéed potatoes or rice.