|By :Instant Pot Miracle|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Pasta|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||120 minutes|
- 1 whole chicken
3 1/2 poundsto 4 pounds
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 1 medium red sweet pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 cups dried wide egg noodles
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoonsto 4 tablespoons
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot. Cut onion in half; set half aside. Cut remaining half into wedges; place on top of chicken.
1 stalkof celery in half; add to pot with chicken. Add bay leaf to pot.
- Slowly pour broth over all in the pot.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Poultry and adjust to more. When cooking is complete, use a natural release to depressurize. Press cancel.
- Meanwhile, chop reserved red onion half. Thinly slice remaining
2 stalkscelery. Set aside.
- Once pressure is released from the pot, transfer the chicken to a large cutting board; set aside.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove and discard onion wedges, celery stalk, and bay leaf from liquid in pot. If desired, strain liquid in pot through a fine-mesh sieve; return liquid to pot if strained.
- Skim fat from top of liquid in pot if desired. Add chopped onion, sliced celery, carrots, sweet pepper, noodles, garlic, salt, thyme, sage, and black pepper to pot.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize. Press cancel.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Discard bones and skin. Cut meat into bite-size pieces. Add chicken to soup in the pot.
- Select sauté and adjust to normal. Cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until soup is heated through. Press cancel.
- Stir in spinach and lemon juice just before serving.
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Prepare as directed except substitute 8 ounces rice noodles for the egg noodles, substitute 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce for the salt, substitute 3 tablespoons to 4 tablespoons rice vinegar for the lemon juice, substitute shredded napa cabbage for the spinach, and substitute 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger for the dried thyme.
Instant Pot Miracle
Home cooks everywhere are raving about the efficiency, convenience, and affordability of the Instant Pot®. Now, with this full-color, must-have cookbook—fully authorized by the makers of the Instant Pot®—you can discover exactly how much this miracle appliance can do.
You’ll find 175 delicious recipes, from breakfast to dessert, including:
-Soups and stews, vegetable mains and sides, jams and yogurts—even cheesecake.
-Everyday staples like Beef Chili and Chicken Noodle Soup, flavorful new dishes like Thai Green Curry Chicken and Curried Cauliflower Soup, and dinner party fare such as Steamed Lobster Tails with Meuniére Sauce and Créme Brulée.
-Favorites from popular bloggers and cookbook authors who have embraced the Instant Pot® as a must-have addition to their kitchens.
This essential cookbook is the perfect guide to the best-selling kitchen appliance to come along in decades
All recipes by : Instant Pot Miracle
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!