• For a 3-quart cooker, you must omit the chicken breast and just use the two chicken thighs. Halve the remaining ingredients and cut the carrots into smaller pieces to fit in the pot.
• Substitute any herb sprigs you like: tarragon, rosemary, oregano, savory. And swap the dill out for just about any finely minced, leafy, green herb.
• For turkey noodle soup, substitute two 1-pound turkey thighs for the chicken breast and thighs; cook for 25 minutes at MAX or 30 minutes at HIGH, followed by a quick release.
• For more flavor, add up to 4 allspice berries with the herb sprigs during the first cooking (remove and discard the allspice as well).
• For a more peppery accent, skip sprinkling the chicken pieces with ground pepper and add up to 10 black peppercorns with the herbs during the first cooking (discard these peppercorns, too).