Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Poultry, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Bacon, Cheese, Chicken Breast, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Half and Half, Pasta|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 6 slices bacon cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth warmed, low sodium is best
- 1 packet ranch dressing powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz penne or rotini pasta
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function and adjust to HIGH or MORE.
- Cook and stir bacon until most of the fat is rendered, then add chicken and brown lightly on both sides, 2-3 minutes. Meat may not be cooked through.
- Remove chicken and bacon to a plate, reserving drippings.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add ranch powder, garlic powder and chicken to the pot. Stir to combine, then add pasta to the pot and make sure it is submerged.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the cheeses a little at a time until melted. Add half and half and reserved bacon. Mix well and serve.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!