Thai Green Tofu Curry
Chicken and Chorizo Risotto
|By :Graham and James Sharman|
The perfect risotto without having to stand and stir.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Meat, Poultry, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Arborio Rice, Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Chorizo|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced chorizo 80g
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms 130g
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs sliced 450g
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup white wine 150 ml
- 2 1/2 cups cold water 600 ml
- 1 2/3 cups arborio/risotto rice 300g
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices green onions/spring onions
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot on normal heat. (Custom level 3 for the Evo Plus)
- Once display says HOT, add
1 tbspof the olive oil, 1 onion (finely chopped), 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 1/2 cup/80g sliced chorizo, 1 cup/130g sliced mushrooms, 1 red bell pepper (diced), 1 lb/450g skinless boneless chicken thighs (sliced), 1/2 tspsmoked paprika and 1/2 tspsalt.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup/150 ml white wine, stir to deglaze the pot for a couple of minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups/600 ml cold water, 1 2/3 cups 300g arborio/risotto rice and
1 tspvegetable bouillon, stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set valve to seal, select Manual on low pressure (pressure cook custom low on Evo Plus) for 12 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, Quick Release the pressure.
- When pin drops, open the lid.
- Stir well until creamy then stir in
1 tbspunsalted butter.
- Let stand for three minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan, both stirred in and sprinkled on, along with freshly ground black pepper and 4 sliced green onions/spring onions.
Graham and James Sharman
A collaboration between an experienced pressure cook and Instant Pot enthusiast and his son, a Michelin star restaurant-trained world-class chef. A must for beginners to hardened multi-cooker enthusiasts.
All recipes by : Graham and James Sharman
You might also like