|By :Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton|
This recipe from scratch is so much better than the stuff in a can. It will make it hard to ever go back especially for how easy it is to make. Serve over ziti noodles.
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken, Parmesan cheese|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic whole and peeled
- 2 lbs chicken breast diced
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp real butter
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 lb cooked ziti noodles optional for 1 pot
- Pour the oil into the Instant Pot and set it to sauté high. Place the cloves of garlic whole and peeled into the olive oil and cook until they are browned. Remove the garlic from the Instant Pot and set aside. When the garlic has cooled down, mince it.
- Brown the chicken and remove. Mince the garlic. Add the flour and butter to the bottom and whisk well until the flour smells like popcorn.
- Pour in the milk and add the pepper and sea salt. Add the garlic and the chicken. Place the lid on and set the pot to manual pressure high and set the time for 10 minutes. Quick pressure release.
- Fold in the cream and add the Parmesan cheese a little at a time stirring well until it is incorporated. Serve over the noodles or stir them in for a “casserole” style.
Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton
Matt Pelton grew up in central Utah, where he found his love for cooking in the outdoors. He learned to cook outdoors in a Dutch oven at the age of 8 years old and has done it ever since. Matt lived in Boston for a couple of years where he expanded his cooking abilities, learning to cook foods from all different cultures around the world. During this time, he gained an appreciation for food and culture and the ability of food to connect people. In 2012 and 2013, Matt won two world championships from The International Dutch Oven Society. He has also won many awards for his BBQ cooking within the KCBS pro division, especially in the brisket category. Matt has twice competed in the invitational World Food Championships aired on TV, where he placed 3rd and 11th, respectively. Matt has appeared on TV numerous times for cooking; most recently, he was featured on the Travel Channel's “BBQ Crawl season 3”. Matt has also worked as a chef at Deer Valley ski resorts in Utah, often working with the other chefs there on proteins. Matt has three children, Megan, Tristan, and Braxton and resides in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has published a number of cookbooks, including Cooking Under Pressure: Delicious Dutch Oven Recipes Adapted for Your Instant Pot®, Cast Iron Gourmet, and Up in Smoke: A Complete Guide to Cooking with Smoke.
All recipes by : Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!