Cherry Chocolate Poke Cake
Cherry Chocolate Poke Cake
|By :Aileen Clark|
A delicious chocolate cake with the added cherry flavoring added right into the cake and on top of the chocolate frosting.
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Butter, Cocoa Powder, Eggs, Flour, Maraschino Cherries, Milk, Powdered Sugar|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||32 minutes|
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract divided
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 10 oz maraschino cherries
1 jar, chopped and divided with juice reserved
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/8 cup whole milk
- Pour water into Instant Pot® and add trivet. Grease a (
6-cup) Bundt pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together oil and sugar. Mix 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and
1 tspvanilla, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour,
3 tbspcocoa powder, and salt.
- Slowly add flour and buttermilk to the mixer, alternating between the two until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar. Give it a quick stir (it will start to bubble) and pour into cake batter. Mix an additional 10 seconds.
- Fold in
halfof the jar of chopped maraschino cherries. Pour cake batter into greased Bundt pan. Create a foil sling and carefully lower Bundt pan into Instant Pot®.
- Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 32 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick release pressure and then unlock lid and remove it. Carefully remove Bundt pan using foil sling.
- Use a straw to poke twenty holes in cake. Pour cherry juice into holes. Place cake on cooling rack and let cool, about 30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, mix together powdered sugar, butter, remaining
3 tbspcocoa powder, milk, and remaining 1 tspvanilla. Mix until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, run a butter knife around inner and outer edges of cake. Turn cake over onto a plate and wiggle to remove Bundt pan.
- Spread chocolate frosting on top of cake and top with remaining cherries.
PER SERVING CALORIES: 716 | FAT: 38g | PROTEIN: 6g | SODIUM: 305mg FIBER: 4g | CARBOHYDRATES: 92g | SUGAR: 64g
175 recipes for quick and delicious meals in the Instant Pot—today’s hottest kitchen appliance—that the whole family will love for under $12 a meal. Eating well doesn’t need to cost a fortune. And with the Instant Pot, it no longer requires a lot of time or effort. Now create budget-friendly meals that are fast and delicious using your favorite cooking gadget. In the “I Love My Instant Pot®” Affordable Meals Recipe Book, Aileen Clark shows that it is possible to eat healthy, filling meals while on a budget. With 175 recipes and photos throughout, this is a must-have cookbook if you are looking for good meals that are easy on the wallet. Save money and reduce your monthly food budget with practical approaches to grocery shopping. With a cost estimate included for each recipe, you can easily stay on budget and manage your food costs ahead of time so you can be better prepared with your expenses. Featuring an easy-to-understand overview of how to use the Instant Pot, this is the perfect guide whether you are new to the Instant Pot or an expert. With satisfying, whole-food dishes for every meal of the day, this cookbook makes using the Instant Pot easier and cheaper than ever! Aileen Clark is a recipe developer and food blogger at AileenCooks.com. Aileen's mission is to connect with other moms in a way that helps make their lives easier and more fun. She loves creating new recipes for the Instant Pot® and runs an Instant Pot® group on Facebook focused on troubleshooting recipes and helping new users find success with cooking in the Instant Pot®. She has been featured on Huffington Post, Today Parents, and Money Saving Mom and her recipes have been shared on Food Gawker, ParadeCommunity Table, Country Living, and Happy Hooligans. She was recognized as one of the top parenting bloggers in Sacramento and has partnered with many major brands, including: NABISCO, Better Than Bouillon, Red Baron, Ling Ling, Huggies, Fisher-Price, StarKist, and Macy's. Aileen lives in Northern California with her husband and three children.
All recipes by : Aileen Clark
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!