Ghee Mashed Potatoes
Cherry and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
|By :No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph|
One dish I make over and over in the pressure cooker is steel-cut oatmeal. It’s hands-off and there’s no scorching on the bottom of the pot when I get distracted and walk away for five minutes. For a flavorful rendition, combine dark chocolate with plump, fresh cherries. Serve with a dollop of plain or vanilla yogurt for a real breakfast treat.
|Browse Category||Dessert, Kid-Friendly|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Maple Syrup, Oats|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 tsp butter (or cooking spray)
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cherries halved and pitted
- GREASE the bottom half of your Instant Pot with cooking spray or butter. Add the oats, water, salt, and nutmeg and stir. Secure the lid.
- COOK at high pressure for 15 minutes and use a natural release.
- ADD the maple syrup and vanilla and stir until creamy. Add brown sugar if you’d like your oatmeal sweeter (keep in mind that the chocolate and cherries will add some sweetness).
- TOP each serving with chocolate chips and fresh cherries and serve.
- P.S. If it isn’t cherry season, replace the fresh cherries with
1/2 cup dried cherries.
No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
Laurel Randolph has been a cook since she was old enough to properly hold a whisk and a writer for close to ten years. She is the bestselling author of The Instant Pot ® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. She has written for numerous publications including Serious Eats, Paste Magazine, Van Winkle’s, Table Matters, and PaulaDeen.com. Visit her at www.laurelrandloph.com.
All recipes by : No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!