Japanese Souffle Pancakes
Cheesy Curried Squash and Black Bean Hand Pies
|By :Instant Culinary Team|
Use frozen puff pastry to make bakery quality treats at home. This squash filling is tangy and flavorful from the vinegar and curry powder. Don't skimp on the egg wash so these hand pies turn beautifully golden brown.
|Browse Category||Appetizer, Lunch, Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Air Fry|
|Main Ingredient||Apple Cider Vinegar, Black Beans, Butternut Squash, Cheddar Cheese, Curry Powder, Frozen Puff Pastry, Heavy Cream|
|Keyword||Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer Oven|
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||50 Minutes|
- 3 ½ cups butternut squash deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder plus more for dusting
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp course ground salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss cubed butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and curry powder.
- Air Fry squash at 400°F for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Return cooked squash to the same mixing bowl and add apple cider vinegar. Using a fork, crush the squash into a rough mash. Add the drained black beans and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine. The cheese will begin to melt from the residual heat from the squash.
- Cut the puff pastry into 3.5x3.25 rectangles making 8 rectangles for each puff pastry sheet, 32 rectangles in total. Half of these rectangles will be the bottom and the remaining half will be the top of each hand pie.
- Line up all the bottom rectangles and spoon
2 tbspof the squash filling in the center of each rectangle. Continue until all are topped.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream until smooth.
- With a pastry brush, brush the edges of the bottom rectangles with the egg wash around the squash filling. Top each bottom rectangle with a top rectangle. Using a fork, crimp all four sides to seal the hand pie. Brush the tops of each sealed pie with the egg wash and sprinkle with curry powder and course ground salt.
- Air Fry at 350 for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat in batches until all hand pies are cooked. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Instant Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!