Traditional Coffee Cake
|By :The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler|
A strata is a great way to pack in some keto-friendly nutrition in just one dish, and it can be customized any number of ways. If I’m running particularly low on antioxidants, I’ll add a few extra keto-friendly vegetables like broccoli, spinach, or kale. Try mixing in a few slices of bacon, or add some extra cheese to really make this pop.
|Browse Category||Breakfast, Kid-Friendly|
|Diet||Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Butter, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro, Onion|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 tbsp salted grass-fed butter softened
- 4 oz onion (
1/4 small onion) thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cilantro dried
- 1/2 tsp sage dried
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried
- Pour 1 cup of filtered water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot, then insert the trivet. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, spinach, butter, onion, black pepper, salt, mustard, paprika, cayenne pepper, cilantro, sage, and parsley. Mix thoroughly. Transfer this mixture into a well-greased, Instant Pot–friendly dish.
- Using a sling if desired, place the dish onto the trivet, and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Close the lid, set the pressure release to Sealing, and select Manual/Pressure Cook . Set the Instant Pot to 40 minutes on high pressure and let cook.
- Once cooked, let the pressure naturally disperse from the Instant Pot for about 10 minutes, then carefully switch the pressure release to Venting.
- Open the Instant Pot and remove the dish. Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14.5g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
Dietary Fiber 0.6g
Total Sugars 0.8g
The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
CASEY THALER, NASM-CPT, FNS has written over 200 articles on health, science, fitness, and nutrition. As a National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, he has also helped thousands of people lose weight, look younger, and live their healthiest lives. Casey writes regularly for the founder of the Paleo Diet, Dr. Loren Cordain. He is also a regular contributor to Paleo Magazine, and has written for Greatist, Paleohacks, MindBodyGreen, and Breaking Muscle. Casey also currently serves as an adviser to a number of small startup companies in the health and wellness space. A home cook who has been creating recipes and eating ketogenic and paleo since 2012, Casey wrote the independently published eBook, The Ultimate Guide to Bone Broth, to be released by bestselling author Mark Sisson's specialty food company Primal Nutrition, Inc., in November 2018.
All recipes by : The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!