Carrot Apple Soup
|By :I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers|
Tart Granny Smith apples give this soup a refreshing edge that plays well with the natural sweetness of the carrots and cream. If you prefer a less tart apple, stick to varieties that are firmer, such as Pink Lady or Fuji, to keep the deep apple flavor without adding too much sweetness.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Carrot, Granny Smith Apples, Vegetable Stock|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 medium carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples cored and chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cup vegetable broth or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and melt butter. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples, onion, garlic, ginger, tarragon, and nutmeg and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Press the Cancel button.
- Add broth and stir well. Close lid and set steam release to Sealing, then press the Manual button and adjust cook time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally, about 15 minutes. Remove lid and stir well. Use an immersion blender, or work in batches with a blender, to purée soup until smooth. Stir in cream, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with chives and serve hot.
*Manual and Pressure Cook buttons are interchangeable
I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl of soup—and with the Instant Pot, it’s never been faster or easier to cook up a delicious batch of soup. This cookbook makes using your Instant Pot more appetizing and satisfying than ever! This cookbook guides you through using the Instant Pot to create savory soups, stews, and chilis that are quick, easy, and full of flavor. With 175 recipes and photographs throughout, this is a must-have for all Instant Pot fans. From creamy split pea soup to spicy chili to nourishing chicken noodle soup, you’re sure to find the perfect soup for any day of the week. Including an easy-to-understand guide to the Instant Pot and hearty, flavorful recipes, The “I Love My Instant Pot” Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book is perfect for chefs of any level who are looking to warm up their day.
All recipes by : I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!