|By :Meredith OperationsCorp|
|Cooking Technique||Air Fry, Instant Pot|
|Main Ingredient||Black Pepper, Butter, Cajun Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Chicken Broth, Fresh thyme, Garlic, oregano leaves, Parsley, Roasting Chicken, salt, Yukon Gold Potatoes|
|Keyword||air fry, instant pot, pressure cook|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||21(Minutes) Air Fry: 20 Minutes|
- 1 whole roasting chicken 3 1/2-pound
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning below
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth 14.5-ounce
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes halved lengthwise, 1 lb
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cayenne hot pepper sauce optional
- Season chicken all over on the outside, under the skin, and in the cavity with Cajun seasoning. Pour chicken broth into a
6-qtInstant Pot then add potatoes. Place wire rack on top of the potatoes and arrange chicken on the rack, breast side up.
- Lock lid in place. Set Instant Pot on High Pressure to cook for 21 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and let stand for 15 minutes to release pressure naturally. Release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the next seven ingredients (through pepper). Using the handles on the wire rack, remove chicken from the pot. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from the pot and place on a cutting board. Discard cooking liquid left in pot. Return the chicken (still on the rack) to the pot. Brush with some of the butter mixture.
- Place air-fryer lid on top of Instant Pot. Set on Air-Fry setting at 380°F to cook for 8 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crisp.
- While chicken roasts, cut potatoes into
1 1/2-inchchunks and toss with remaining butter mixture. Use the wire rack handles to remove chicken from the cooker. Loosely tent the chicken with foil and let rest while browning potatoes.
- Using paper towels, wipe out Instant Pot. Place air-fryer basket into the pot. Place potatoes in the basket. Set on Air-Fry setting at 380°F to cook for 12 minutes or until golden and lightly crisp on the edges.
- Serve chicken with roasted potatoes and hot pepper sauce (if using).
- In a small bowl combine
2 tbsppacked brown sugar; 2 tbsppaprika; 1 tbspkosher salt; 2 tspdried oregano, crushed; 2 tspdried thyme, crushed; 1 tspgarlic powder; 1 tspground cumin; 1/2 tspcrushed red pepper; and 1/4 tspcayenne pepper. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Tip: Oven method
Prepare as directed through Step 3, except do not return chicken to the pot. Preheat broiler. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Place pressure cooked chicken in prepared pan. Brush chicken with some of the butter mixture. Toss potatoes with remaining butter mixture. Arrange potatoes in the pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken skin is golden brown and crisp. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a serving dish and loosely tent with foil. While chicken rests, continue broiling potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes more or until golden and crisp around edges, stirring once (if necessary, adjust oven rack closer to heat). Serve as directed.
Tip: Roasting chickens vary in size. If your chicken is slightly larger or smaller, plan to cook your chicken 6 minutes per pound.
All recipes by : Meredith OperationsCorp
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!