Pork Carnitas Tacos
|By :Time Inc.|
Bulgur wheat (cracked wheat), a tasty alternative to rice, is high in soluble fiber. The flavor of this recipe is reminiscent of Thanksgiving cornbread dressing. From Time Inc's "Instant Pot All-Time Best Recipes"
|Browse Category||Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Bulgur, Cashews, Chicken Broth|
|Prep Time||6 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 1 cup medium bulgur wheat uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Lime wedges
- chopped cashews
- fresh chives
- Remove the lid from a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add olive oil and butter to inner pot. Press Sauté. Cook until butter melts.
- Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add bulgur, stirring to coat with oil. Stir in chicken broth, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Turn cooker off. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Select the Rice function and cook at Low Pressure 12 minutes.
- When time is up, remove lid using Quick Pressure Release. Fluff pilaf with a fork. Garnish, if desired.
All recipes by : Time Inc.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!