Braised Short Ribs
Brown Sugar Pork Butt
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course, Picnic|
|Browse Category||Dinner, Meat, Seven Ingredients or Less|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Bake, Dutch Oven|
|Main Ingredient||Brown Sugar, Pork Butt|
|Keyword||dutch oven recipes, pulled pork|
|Prep Time||12-24 Hours|
|Cook Time||3.5-4 Hours|
|Passive Time||12-24 Hours|
- 5-6 lb bone-in pork butt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed plus 2 tbsp reserved
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dark brown sugar, kosher salt, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place bone-in pork butt in the Corningware 5.5 Qt. Dutch Oven, or similar product. Rub sugar mixture all over, making sure to get into any crevices.
- Cover with the lid and marinade in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 325F. Cook pork with the lid on for one hour. After one hour, remove the lid, flip the pork butt, baste with juices, and continue cooking for another two and a half hours. The pork is ready when it easily pulls away from the bone and shreds into pieces.
- Finish off by sprinkling 2 tbsp brown sugar over the top. Increase oven temperature to 450F and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the sugar has melted and is golden and crispy.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!