Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Side Dishes, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, Heavy Cream|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups Broccoli , cut into florets
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 12-15 baby carrots , diced (or
2 whole carrots, diced)
- 2 ribs celery , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10-12 ounce sharp Cheddar cheese , shredded
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter has melted, add broccoli florets in an even layer and cook without stirring for 5-7 minutes or until browned on the bottom.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remainder of the Pot Mixture ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 2 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Use an immersion blender to process until smooth.
- Add cheese in
1/2 cupincrements stirring between each addition until melted.
- Add hot sauce to taste (optional). Serve warm.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!