Japanese Souffle Pancakes
Braised Red Cabbage with Apples and Mustard
|By :Instant Culinary Team|
Craving fall flavors? Look no further. Charred cabbage meets tangy mustard and sweet chili apples to create this unctuous vegetarian main dish. Don't go light on the quick and easy homemade honey mustard sauce. It's a crowd pleaser!
|Browse Category||Appetizer, Dinner, Side Dishes|
|Diet||Halal, Kosher, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Air Fry|
|Main Ingredient||Dijon Mustard, Honeycrisp Apples, Mayonnaise, Red Cabbage, Whole Grain Mustard|
|Keyword||Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer Oven|
|Prep Time||25 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 3 Honeycrisp apples
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3-4 dill fronds
- Begin by preparing the cabbage. Slice the red cabbage into 8-10 wedges, leaving the core intact.
- Thinly slice one large Honeycrisp apple into
1/8 inchpieces either by hand or using a mandolin, making sure to avoid the core. Apple slices should be thin and pliable.
- Working with one cabbage wedge at a time, gently pull back individual layers, inserting one apple slice. Continue with all cabbage wedges. Each wedge should be stuffed 4-6 apple slices in between individual cabbage layers. Lightly coat finished wedges with
1 tbspolive oil, 1 tspsalt, and 1 tspblack pepper.
- Next make the braising dressing. Place unsalted butter in a small microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave at 10 second intervals until melted. In the same small mixing bowl, combine melted butter with
2 tbspwhole grain mustard and 1 tspsalt. Mix well until combined.
- Air Fry stuffed cabbage wedges at 385°F for 15-17 minutes. Work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the air fryer basket. Baste the cabbage with the butter-mustard mixture about five minutes before the cabbage has finished cooking. Remove from the air fryer once charred and fragrant.
- While the cabbage is cooking, prepare the honey mustard sauce. In a medium mixing bowl combine
1/3 cupmayonnaise, 2 tbsphoney, 2 tbspDijon mustard, 1/4 cupwhite distilled vinegar, and 1/2 tspsalt. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Next prepare the cooked apples. Quarter and de-core the remaining 2 Honeycrisp apples. In a small mixing bowl, toss the apples wedges with
1 tbspolive oil, 1 tspchili powder, and 1/2 tspsalt.
- Air Fry apples at 400°F for 8-9 minutes, skin side down. Set aside.
- Plate the dish by spreading a generous amount of honey-mustard sauce on the bottom of the plate. Top with 2-3 roasted red cabbage wedges. Sprinkle around 2-3 roasted chili apples and fresh dill. Enjoy!
Instant Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!