Braised Beef Shank in Soybean Paste
Braised Pork Hock with Potatoes
|By :MaoMao Mom|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 2 1/2 pounds pork hock boneless, diced into
1-inch cubesand rinsed under cold water;
- 7 small potatoes peeled and rinsed;
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion cut into
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger sliced
- 1 anise star
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon anka sauce (can be substituted with cooking wine),
- 1 teaspoon dark vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy souce
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the diced pork inside the Instant Pot and fill with boiling water.
- Press “Sauté” function then “Adjust” button to set temperature to “More”. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse under cold water.
- Clean and dry the inner pot. Select “Sauté” then set temperature to “More”. Add
1 tablespoonolive oil and sauté the green onion, ginger, anise, and cloves for 1 minute.
- Add anka sauce and sauté for another minute.
- Put the cooked meat back into the Instant Pot, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the dark vinegar, soy sauces, sugar and salt to the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Close the lid and place the pressure valve to “Seal” position. Press “Manual” and set to cook for 35 minutes.
- While meat is cooking, quarter the potatoes into equal parts. Rinse under cold water, then pat dry with paper towel.
- In a non-stick sauté pan on high heat, add
1 tablespoonof olive oil. Cook the potato pieces until golden brown.
- When the Instant Pot program is done, allow for pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. Quick release the remaining pressure then open the lid.
- Remove cooked meat into a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Press “Sauté” button on “Normal” temperature. Cook the potato pieces with meat sauce for 7-8 minutes.
- Place the cooked meat into the Instant Pot and gently stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately with rice. Enjoy!
MaoMao Mom is a mom, wife, scientist and food lover. In today’s fast paced life, people have less time to prepare wholesome and tasty dishes. As a scientist in chemistry, Maomao Mom brings lab techniques and skills into the kitchen. She has made it her mission to bring together the healthy eating and traditional Chinese cuisine by using quality ingredients, simplifying procedures and choosing healthy foods.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!