Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Blueberry-Almond French Toast Casserole
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Breakfast, Kid-Friendly|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Blueberries, Bread, Eggs|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 7 cups French bread cut in
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter sliced into
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened (
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds divided
- powdered sugar for serving
- maple syrup for serving
- Coat the inside of a
1.5 quartbaking dish with non-stick spray. Layer blueberries, bread and brown sugar. ensuring blueberries and sugar are evenly distributed throughout.
- Sprinkle with half the slivered almonds and dot the butter evenly over the top.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, softened cream cheese, milk, sugar, almond extract, cinnamon and salt. Pour over bread and blueberries, making sure all bread pieces are moistened.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot and put in the trivet. Cover the baking dish lightly with foil (do not seal) and carefully set the baking dish on the trivet.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 25 minutes.
- When the time is up quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the pot, remove the foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes until set (or, optionally, set banking dish under the broiler until golden, 3-5 minutes).
- Serve with remaining slivered almonds, powdered sugar, maple syrup and additional blueberries, if desired.
*If your Instant Pot does not have a MANUAL function, use the Pressure Cook function.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!