Braised Short Ribs
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Cooking Technique||Blender, Inner pot, Instant Pot, Instant Pot Duo Crisp, Instant Pot Pro, Instant Pot Pro Crisp, Instant Pot Pro Plus, Instant Pot Ultimate Lid, Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Stock, Boneless Beef Chuck or Shoulder, Ramen Noodles|
|Keyword||beef, fresh herbs, herbs and spices, noodles, Seeds|
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||65 Minutes|
|Passive Time||30 Minutes|
8 to 10 Servings
- 1 white onion quartered
- 10 garlic cloves crushed
- 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 ancho chiles seeds removed
- 6 guajillo chiles seeds removed
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp salt divided
- 2 ¼ lbs boneless beef chuck or shoulder room temperature
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz ramen noodles
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 4 limes cut into wedges
- 1 white onion minced
- 1 bunch cilantro tender stems and leaves, minced
- 4-5 soft boiled eggs halved
- Add the onion, garlic cloves, whole peeled tomatoes, bay leaves, ancho chiles, guajillo chiles, oregano, cinnamon, cumin seed, beef stock, and
1 tbspsalt to the inner pot. Pressure cook on High for 5 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the valve to release any remaining steam. Pour the sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Clean the inner pot. Preheat on the Saute function for 10 minutes. Season the meat with the remaining salt and sear for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Press Cancel and pour the marinade in the pot with the meat along with the water. Pressure cook on High for 50 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip the valve to release the remaining pressure.
- Using a fork, gently shred the beef. Add the ramen noodles and apple cider vinegar to the pot with the finished birria.
- Press Cancel and then Saute for 5 minutes. Cover the pot with the lid and cook until the ramen is done, about 4-5 minutes. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Ladle the birria into bowls and top with sliced jalapeno, minced white onion, chopped cilantro, a soft-boiled egg, and a lime wedge.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!