Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Beer Cheese Soup
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beer, Butter, Carrot, Celery, Cheddar Cheese, Chicken Broth|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
6 - 8 Servings
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or to taste
- 12 oz beer
- 16 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups salted popcorn for garnish cheese popcorn works great or you can use croutons in a pinch
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Cook and stir until bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add butter, onion, carrots and celery to the bacon drippings and saute until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add pepper, mustard powder, cayenne and beer to the pot and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, perform a controlled release of the remaining pressure, watching out for any starchy spray.
- Using an immersion blender (or high capacity blender), puree the vegetable mixture until smooth.
- Gradually add cheese, stirring between each addition, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Adjust seasonings. Top with bacon and popcorn and serve immediately.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!