Garlic Hot Honey Pepitas
Basic Sweet Potato Fries
|By :Instant Culinary Team|
Freshly made sweet potato fries have never been easier! This recipe uses cornstarch to give the fries an extra crispy crunch, and follows the traditional "double fry" method to ensure an even cook. Impress your family with homemade, healthier fries, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
|Browse Category||appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Side Dishes|
|Diet||Halal, Keto, Kosher, Low Calorie, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer, Vortex Air Fryer Oven|
|Main Ingredient||Black Pepper, Cornstarch, Sweet Potato, Vegetable oil|
|Keyword||air fry, kid friendly, sweet potato recipe|
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||13 Minutes|
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes 2-3 medium sized
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Water lukewarm, as needed
- 1 tbsp salt
- Cut the sweet potatoes into
1/4 inchsticks, 4 - 5 incheslong
- Soak the sweet potato sticks in a medium mixing bowl with lukewarm water, allow them to sit for 5 minutes to remove any excess starch. Strain and pat dry
- In the same clean mixing bowl, mix the sweet potato with
2 tbspvegetable oil, 1 tspblack pepper, and 1 tbspcornstarch. Toss to evenly coat.
- Air fry the sweet potatoes in batches as to not overcrowd the basket. Sprinkle each batch of raw sweet potato fries with salt immediately before frying. Salting ahead of time will draw moisture out of the sweet potatoes, making them soggy and less crispy.
- Air fry each batch at 400°F for 10 minutes
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the basket, pat dry, and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Air fry again for an additional 3 minutes at 400°F for extra crispy fries
- Continue the salting and air frying process until all the batches are complete.
- Serve warm with dipping sauces, as an appetizer, or on the side of your favorite sandwich!
Instant Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!