Braised Short Ribs
Basic Coconut Rice
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
Want to switch up your rice game? This recipe makes perfect coconut rice every single time! Serve with stewed black beans, seasoned roast pork, or even large chunks of pineapple for a delightful snack. Make sure to buy unsweetened, full fat coconut milk for the best flavor.
|Cuisine||Asian, Latin American|
|Browse Category||Dinner, Lunch, Side Dishes|
|Diet||Keto, Paleo, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot Duo Crisp, Instant Pot Pro, Instant Pot Pro Crisp, Instant Pot Pro Plus, Instant Pot Ultimate Lid, Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Jasmine Rice, Unsweetened Coconut Milk|
|Keyword||instant pot, the basics|
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- Rinse the jasmine rice in a fine mesh colander under cold water until the water runs clear, about 2-3 minutes . Alternatively, fill a medium sized mixing bowl with cold water. Add jasmine rice, swirl, strain out the water, and repeat the process at least four times.
- Add rinsed, dry jasmine rice to your Instant Pot along with
1 cupunsweetened coconut milk, 1 1/2 cupswater, 1 tspsalt, and 2 tbspsugar. Stir to combine.
- Pressure cook the rice on High for 3 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is over, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes on the keep warm setting. After 10 minutes, flip the valve to release any residual steam.
- Fluff coconut rice with a fork. Sprinkle the top with toasted coconut flakes and serve warm.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!