Nutty Brownie Cake
Bacon Red Cabbage with Goat Cheese
|By :I Love my Instant Pot by Michelle Fagone|
The salt from the bacon and the creaminess of the goat cheese help counter any possible bitterness some may generally detect in red cabbage. The apple cider vinegar helps temper this as well. The vinegar also works with collard and turnip greens.
|Browse Category||Salad, Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Apples, Bacon, Goat Cheese, Onion, Red Cabbage|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 tsbp olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 3 bacon slices diced
- 1 small apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 5 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Press the Sauté button on Instant Pot®. Heat olive oil. Add the onion and sauté for 3–5 minutes until translucent. Add bacon and stir-fry an additional 3 minutes until the bacon starts to crisp. Toss in apple and cabbage. Add broth and vinegar. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure until the float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer ingredients to a serving plate. Let cool for 10 minutes. Toss in salt and garnish with goat cheese. Serve warm
*Manual and Pressure Cook buttons are interchangeable
I Love my Instant Pot by Michelle Fagone
175 must-have recipes for everyone’s favorite cooking appliance—the Instant Pot—perfect for fast, delicious meals the whole family will love. Discover how easy cooking can be with the versatile Instant Pot that serves as everything from a pressure cooker to a sauté pan to a yogurt maker. The fast, programmable, and energy-efficient appliance makes it quick and easy to whip up any of these delicious, satisfying recipes in just minutes! This essential cookbook provides 175 appetizing, flavorful recipes from breakfast through dinner including: –Bacony Poblano Hashbrowns –Moroccan Lamb Stew –Bourbon Barbeque Chicken Thighs –Double Chocolate Cheesecake With dishes to suit every dietary need from vegetarian to gluten free, there’s something for everyone in this collection of Instant Pot recipes. Featuring an introduction to the Instant Pot’s features and tips for the best cooking results, soon you’ll be using your Instant Pot for every meal! Michelle Fagone is a recipe developer and food blogger. On her site, CavegirlCuisine.com she shares recipes and knowledge about the health benefits of cooking with local, fresh, unprocessed foods. Cavegirl Cuisine was named one of the Top 50 Paleo Blogs of 2012 by the Institute for the Psychology of Eating. She lives in Louisville, Kentucky. She is the author of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Recipe Book, The “I Love My Instant Pot” Paleo Recipe Book, and The “I Love My Instant Pot” Gluten-Free Recipe Book
All recipes by : I Love my Instant Pot by Michelle Fagone
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!