Seasoned Fish Fillets
Baby Back Ribs
|By :Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough|
Look no further for the best baby back ribs out of an air fryer. No, you don’t have to break out the smoker. You can use the handy countertop tool to create perfect pork ribs every time. Our only problem is that there’s just not enough space to make lots of ribs. If you’ve got a party, you’ll just need to set a second rack air-frying when the first is done. Or buy two machines. Author © Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough Photograph © Eric Medsker
|Duration||more than 1 hour|
|Cooking Technique||Air Fry, Instant Omni Toaster Oven and Air Fryer|
|Main Ingredient||Barbecue rub, Barbecue sauce, Pork, Pork baby back ribs, Ribs|
|Prep Time||40 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
|Passive Time||5 Minutes (cool time)|
- 2 pork baby back ribs
- 2 tbsp bottled barbecue dried spice rub
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce preferably a smooth sauce
- Turn the ribs, bone side up, on a large cutting board. Nick up one end of the opaque white membrane in one corner, then peel this membrane off the rack. Stand the rack up and slice it between the bones to create 3- or 4-bone lengths. Rub these pieces on all sides with the barbecue spice rub.
- Set the machine to "Air Fry." Set the temperature to 375°F and the timer to 40 minutes (which will be a little more than you need). Press START.
- When the machine beeps, indicates "add food," or is heated to the proper temperature, set the rib sections in the basket or on the tray in a single layer with at least
1/2 inchof space around each section. Use separate trays or work in batches as necessary.
- Air-fry undisturbed for 17 minutes. Use nonstick-safe kitchen tongs to turn the racks over. If you’ve used multiple trays, swap them now from top to bottom.
- Ignoring any "Turn Food" indicator, continue air-frying undisturbed for 8 minutes. Then mop the rib sections with half of the barbecue sauce. Air-fry undisturbed for 5 more minutes .
- Turn the rib sections once again, mop them with the remaining barbecue sauce, and continue air-frying, undisturbed and still ignoring any "Turn Food" indicator, until sizzling and cooked through, with the meat tender but not yet falling off the bone (for better texture), about 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the machine and use clean tongs to transfer the rib sections to a clean cutting board. Cool for 5 minutes, then slice between the rib bones to create individual ribs, and serve warm.
Upgrade This Recipe!
- Make your own barbecue spice rub: Mix
1 tspeach of standard mild chili powder, ground cumin, mild paprika, onion powder, table salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl until uniform.
- Upgrade this homemade blend by substituting mild smoked paprika for the standard mild paprika.
- Look outside the box for barbecue sauces. You can find mustard–based ones, Asian rib sauces, and even a ham glaze often found near the marinades at the grocery store.
LEFTOVERS! Leftover ribs should be cooled to room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap, and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Heat them straight from the fridge in a single layer (but unwrapped, of course) in a 350°F air fryer for 2 minutes.
Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
All recipes by : Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!