Ghee Mashed Potatoes
Artichoke Heart and Lemony Pea Pasta
|By :No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph|
Artichokes are tricky veggies that always involve a lot of prep, but they are worth it for their buttery texture and mild flavor. This dish gets down to the heart of the matter, using the most edible and delicious part of the vegetable and combining it with fresh green peas and lots of garlic and lemon. If you’re confused about how to trim the artichokes, I highly suggest looking at some photos or a video online. It’s easier than it sounds.
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 globe artichokes
- 10 ounces dried linguine or spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- PREPARE the artichokes: Fill a small bowl with cool water and the juice of
1 lemon. Start by snapping off all of the outer leaves until you’re just left with the inner yellow leaves. Trim the nubs left behind by the outer leaves with a paring knife. Trim off the bottom inch of the stem and peel off the exterior of the stem to reveal the yellow interior. Trim the remaining leaves off with a sharp knife so that they are flush with the base of the artichoke. Drop the trimmed artichoke in the lemon water and repeat with the other artichoke.
- PLACE both prepared artichokes and their lemon water in your Instant Pot. Add enough water, if needed, so that the artichokes barely float. Add the juice of
1 lemon. Secure the lid.
- COOK at high pressure for 10 minutes and use a quick release.
- MEANWHILE, cook the linguine in salted water according to the package directions and drain.
- ONCE the pressure has released, remove the artichokes and let them cool a bit. Clean the pot. Once the artichokes are cool enough to handle, remove any remaining leaves to expose the choke. Scoop all of the feathery and tough bits out and discard. Chop the remaining tender hearts.
- TURN on the Saute function. Once hot, add the oil followed by the garlic. Saute for 30 seconds and add peas and broth. Simmer for 2 minutes and turn off the Saute function. Add the artichokes, parmesan, zest, and juice of 1 lemon, parsley, and pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- ADD the pasta and toss. Serve topped with more parmesan.
No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
Laurel Randolph has been a cook since she was old enough to properly hold a whisk and a writer for close to ten years. She is the bestselling author of The Instant Pot ® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. She has written for numerous publications including Serious Eats, Paste Magazine, Van Winkle’s, Table Matters, and PaulaDeen.com. Visit her at www.laurelrandloph.com.
All recipes by : No Pressure Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
You might also like
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!