Braised Short Ribs
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
Sweet, savory, and tangy, apple chutney is the perfect sauce for those that want it all. Traditionally Indian, chutneys can be found in a variety of forms with many different kinds of ingredients. Add a teaspoon of cayenne to add some natural heat for all the spicy lovers out there.
|Diet||Low Carb, Low Sodium, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot Duo Crisp, Instant Pot Pro, Instant Pot Pro Crisp, Instant Pot Pro Plus, Instant Pot Ultimate Lid|
|Main Ingredient||Granny Smith Apples|
|Keyword||apple, instant pot|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 5 lbs Granny Smith apples cored, skinned, and diced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1- inch Ginger grated
- 1 yellow onion minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- Preheat the Instant Pot on the Saute setting, set for 10 minutes.
- Add ghee and all the spices. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add grated ginger, minced onion, and salt. Stir to combine and Saute until translucent, about 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine, gently scraping up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Press Cancel. Add diced apples to the pot and stir to evenly coat all apples.
- Pressure cook on High for 4 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then flip the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Press Cancel and then Saute for 5 minutes. Sauté the chutney to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Distribute among jars for easy storing. Serve chutney with rice and curries, on cheeseboards, or on top of toast.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!