Traditional Coffee Cake
Antioxidant-Rich Matcha Cheesecake
|By :The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler|
Matcha is one of the more popular new trends to emerge in recent years, as it has numerous reported health benefits. This Instant Pot cheesecake features all the benefits of matcha, and is also wonderfully easy to make. Sprinkle with any number of keto-friendly toppings (like nuts, or ground cinnamon) to add even more flavor.
|Browse Category||Dessert, Kid-Friendly|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Almond Flour, Eggs, Heavy Cream, Sour Cream|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 16 oz full-fat cream cheese softened
- 3 tsp blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Swerve confectioners (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature
- Combine the cream cheese, almond flour, heavy cream, eggs, matcha powder, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Place mixture in springform pan, then loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour 2 cups filtered water into Instant Pot, then add trivet, placing the springform pan atop the rack. Move the valve to Sealing and close the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Set to Manual/Pressure Cook, and let cook for 25 minutes at high pressure. Once cooked, let the pressure naturally disperse from the Instant Pot for about 10 minutes, then carefully switch the pressure release to Venting.
- Remove pan, and let cool for 30 minutes. Then refrigerate for at least 45 minutes (a few hours is preferable).
- Remove foil. Mix together the Swerve and sour cream in a small bowl, then spread evenly on the cake before serving. Store any remaining cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Amount per serving
Total Fat 31.2g
Total Carbohydrate 4.6g
Dietary Fiber 1.3g
Total Sugars 0.6g
The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
CASEY THALER, NASM-CPT, FNS has written over 200 articles on health, science, fitness, and nutrition. As a National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, he has also helped thousands of people lose weight, look younger, and live their healthiest lives. Casey writes regularly for the founder of the Paleo Diet, Dr. Loren Cordain. He is also a regular contributor to Paleo Magazine, and has written for Greatist, Paleohacks, MindBodyGreen, and Breaking Muscle. Casey also currently serves as an adviser to a number of small startup companies in the health and wellness space. A home cook who has been creating recipes and eating ketogenic and paleo since 2012, Casey wrote the independently published eBook, The Ultimate Guide to Bone Broth, to be released by bestselling author Mark Sisson's specialty food company Primal Nutrition, Inc., in November 2018.
All recipes by : The Essential Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Casey Thaler
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!