The Best Beet Salad
Acorn Squash with Shallots & Grapes
|By :Instant Pot Holiday Cookbook by Heather Schlueter|
At your next holiday dinner, dress up the table with tender squash loaded with flavorful grapes, shallots, and a touch of sage, a combination that will delight your guests and keep them talking about the meal for months to come.
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 small acorn squash cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb red grapes (approximately
- 2 medium shallots peeled and sliced crosswise into thin slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoonof the olive oil over each half of the acorn squash. Sprinkle the squash with the sage and the salt and pepper. Place about 10 grapes into each of the cavities in the squash, then sprinkle the grapes with the shallot slices.
- Position the Instant Pot steam rack in the Instant Pot inner pot and add
1 cupof water. Carefully place each of the squash halves onto the steam rack, with the cavity side up. It’s okay if the squash overlaps slightly to fit in the pot.
- Secure the lid, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, and then turn the valve to the Venting position. When the pressure has released, remove the lid and carefully lift the squash out of the pot, using tongs. Season the squash with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
If the squash halves are too big to fit side by side in one layer on the steam rack, carefully stand each of the squash halves at a 30-degree angle, and lean them against
the sides of the inner pot.
Instant Pot Holiday Cookbook by Heather Schlueter
Heather Schlueter started her blog, The Spicy Apron (thespicyapron.com), as an escape from the corporate life—she was a successful litigation attorney along with a CEO of a large medical practice and laboratory. She is the author of Cooking with Your Instant Pot Mini. Holiday entertaining is so easy with an Instant Pot® Have the best holiday get-together ever because of your favorite kitchen appliance! This handy, authorized recipe collection provides inspiration for delectable holiday fare worthy of any celebration. Entertaining will be less stressful and cleanup a breeze when you put your Instant Pot® in charge! Welcome guests with steaming cups of Warm Spiced Mulled Wine or Warm & Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Dip that come together in just minutes. Tender Turkey for a Small Gathering is worthy of oohs and aahs, while Sweet Potatoes & Marshmallows is a yummy classic. And desserts such as Pumpkin Cream Lava Cake are to die for! There are also great alternatives to traditional holiday entrées, including Roast Pork Loin with Apple-Orange Holiday Chutney and great ways to use leftovers such as Country Ham Hash (brunch, anyone?). You’ll even find recipes for fun and creative homemade gifts that can easily be created in the kitchen. Let the festivities begin!
All recipes by : Instant Pot Holiday Cookbook by Heather Schlueter
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!