Ace Blender - Butternut Squash Soup
|By :Instant Brands Collection|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Ace Blender|
|Main Ingredient||Butternut Squash, Chicken Broth, Onion, Pumpkin Seeds, Thyme|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||23 minutes|
- 24 ounces cubed butternut squash
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock may use vegetable stock
- 1/4 small yellow onion
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar honey, or other sweetener
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg fresh is by far the best
- 3 leaves fresh sage chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or vegetable oil spread
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Sour cream or heavy cream to garnish, optional
- Shelled pumpkin seeds to garnish, optional, pepitas
- Seat glass pitcher on the base of the Instant Pot® Ace and add butternut squash, chicken stock, yellow onion, brown sugar, thyme, and nutmeg.
- Secure and lock lid.
- Choose the
Soup ••program for creamy soup (22:44 minutes).
- Once program has completed, carefully remove lid and stir in fresh sage and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving. Top with a dollop of sour cream, drizzle of heavy cream, and/or sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Helpful Tip: Fresh butternut squash should be peeled and seeded. A 2 1/2 lbs squash should yield the 24 ounces needed in this recipe. For easier prep, cubed butternut squash is often sold pre-chopped in the refrigerated case of the produce section. Frozen squash can also be used.
Pumpkin Soup Variation: To make a creamy pumpkin soup, fresh chopped pumpkin can be substituted for the squash. 15 ounce ( 1 can ) of pure pumpkin can also be substituted. Also try substituting 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice in place of the nutmeg.
Instant Brands Collection
All recipes by : Instant Brands Collection
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!