Smokey Cheesy Split Pea Soup
4 Minute Vegetable Stew
|By :Jill McKeever|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Fat, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||14 minutes|
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno fresh, seeds removed, minced
- 14.5 ounce tomatoes diced with juice,
- 4 cups canary beans or pinto beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Place all the ingredients in the inner pot.
- Cover with lid, turn the lid clockwise to lock into place. Align the pointed end of the steam release handle to point to “Sealing.” Press "Manual", use [-] button to adjust cooking time to 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, press "Keep Warm/Cancel" once to cancel the keep warm mode then wait 10 minutes for the pressure to go down.
- Slide the steam release handle to the “Venting” position to release remaining pressure until the float valve drops down. Remove lid.
- Serve hot with fresh baked cornbread. Enjoy!
Jill McKeever is a plant-based chef, author, and certified personal coach. Her cookbook, OMGee Good! Instant Pot Meals, Plant-Based & Oil-Free, shows how to use the Instant Pot to cook up easy comfort meals the whole family will enjoy. Every week, she posts entertaining videos on YouTube and Facebook to guide viewers through living a plant-based lifestyle. Subscribe to watch her on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SimpleDailyRecipes
All recipes by : Jill McKeever
You might also like
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!