1000+ Official Recipes
for Instant Pot and Instant family appliances
Explore our official recipes for Instant Pot and Instant family of appliances to find your next favorite meal.
Easy eggplant curry in simple onion tomato gravy. Great option for quick side dish for Rice, Roti or Naan
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 big Eggplant
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp oil of choice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leves
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder of choice
- 1 cup Water
- cilantro to garnish
- Put the Instant Pot in Saute mode High. Pour oil and let it get hot. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry.
- Add Garlic and Curry leaves and fry well. Add onions and saute.
- Add Tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Now add all spice powders and salt and mix.
- Add Cubed eggplant, water and mix once again.
- Turn off the Saute mode and put it on manual high 3 minutes. Keep the vent to sealing position.
- You can do Natural release or Quick release of the vent, I did natural release.
- If the curry is runny for your taste then put it on saute mode till desired consistency is reached. Add Cilantro to garnish and serve hot.
If you cut the eggplant beforehand, then place them in water to prevent discoloration.
If you don’t have coriander powder, skip it and add extra curry powder.